Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Well, I knew it was inevitable....

but hearing the actual annoucement this morning that Judge Roy Moore is running for governor of this state with his new slogan, "Return Alabama to the Dark Ages" or something, really sent me reeling into a sense of complete unreality that has been trying to engulf me ever since Katrina.

He actually said the following:
"But I'll tell you what I will do. I will defend the right of every citizen of this state -- including judges, coaches, teachers, city, county and state officials -- to acknowledge God as the sovereign source of law, liberty and government."

Let me repeat that last bit:
"to acknowledge God as the sovereign source of law, liberty and government."

His God, obviously. The big imaginary Santa Claus in the sky. The sovereign source of law and government.

The scariest thing about this is that the man has a very good chance of winning. Stupid people abound in this state. I can attest to that. This ain't good, people. But I do know that a lot of folks around here are furious with him for wasting so much of our tax money on his idiot crusade. Let us pray that cooler minds will prevail.

This might be a good time to link to this:
Jimmy Carter explains how the Christian Right is neither.

1 Comments:

Blogger laney2217 said...

Your wit is well taken... I like the Santa Claus in the sky comment :-) Rock on baby

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter