Monday, October 03, 2005

I'll give it a seven...

I had the biopsy this morning, and should find out something in a couple of days. I'm really not too worried; my surgeon and the radiologist both seemed confident that it will be fine. The nurses asked me to rate the pain from 1-10. I told them it didn't hurt; it was just incredibly weird. I gave it a 7 on the weirdness scale.

I'm digging my new White Stripes album, "Get Behind Me Satan". That kind of minimalist rock is just so refreshing.

The news has just reached me that Kate Bush, after a 12 year hiatus to raise her son, is releasing, at long last, her new album! It's called Aerial, and is due out on Nov. 7. I adore her music, and am praying that this one is better than the rather disappointing "Red Shoes", which was her last offering. I've been asking myself though, if I heard Red Shoes, not knowing who it was, would I like it? Probably. Probably a lot. It's just that her earlier work was so ground-breaking that Red Shoes just seemed pedestrian in comparison.

At this point, I just want to hear her voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter