Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Violins

So the best thing that came out of this weekend is, I learned how to keep my fiddle in tune, and I've been practicing. It's a crappy fiddle, and I really want a better one but that ain't happening. So I'm learning to force this one to work. I really love playing, and I'm better at it than any instrument I've ever tried to play. I am competent on guitar, and I enjoy it. But I seem to be picking up the violin a little easier than I have anything else. Of course if you heard it at this stage, you would run screaming and wonder what the hell I'm bragging about. But for me, it's good progress. ;)

My eating is still out of control, but the binge is slowing down, I think. I keep trying to figure out why I'm so ravenous all the time. Maybe subconsciously I'm afraid of dying and I know people with cancer stop eating. And to add insult to injury, I have a co-worker who is all up my ass about how I don't need to be doing NS right now. Or I'm just a fat pig who loves to eat. That's possible too. I know I probably don't need to be practicing my Psych 101 diagnostics on myself right now. What I have chosen to do is to NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. But hanging out on a weight loss chat forum has become a completely ingrained habit, and that may not be the best place for me right now. I just can't stay away. My fingers click the links when I don't know....ok now I'm paraphrasing the Miracle Worker. I gotta get a grip.

Anne Bancroft is dead. One of the greatest actors of our time has left the building. I fucking hate cancer. She was 73, happily married and still drop dead gorgeous when the biggest goddamn C on earth came and shut her down. I'm pretty pissed about that today. She should have had at least 20 more years. So should my mother when renal cell took her 2 years ago this Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger AsharEdith said...

Think you most post an audio blog so we can hear you playing the violin.

About NS stay as close as possible to the program. You can do it! You've came a long way to stop now.

God Bless You,
Edith

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter