Friday, May 20, 2005

A better day

I had a visit from my grandkids today, and that always makes things better. Sierra has fallen in love with a kitten who is far too young to be separated from her mother. The mother cat will have nothing to do with her kittens and all have died but this one. Sierra however, also now refuses to hold and feed the kitten because it has "doodoo on it's butt". It also has a purrbox 10 times bigger than itself.


We have now hired my daughter-in-law to clean our house because we are both too busy reading and surfing to bother with that sort of thing. I am also using the I-just-had-surgery excuse. We can't afford it. Oh, well.

Had dinner with my dance troupe, the Nomads, minus Amira who had family obligations. Shamaron just lost her husband to a sudden heart attack and it was so good to see how well she is coping. She has an unshakable faith bolstered by a strong graveside vision. She never ceases to amaze me. We'll start belly dance rehearsals again in June, assuming that my radiation treatments don't keep me too exhausted.

I completely went berserk at dinner. You don't even wanna know what I ate, or drank. Maybe when I get back to work on Monday and get back into some semblance of a routine, I'll do better. Obviously I am not too determined right now. I'm just glad to be alive. I got back in the pool this morning for the first time since my first surgery, and I literally cried for joy when I climbed in the deep well and felt the water supporting and caressing me.

Still no word from Mel...no visitors, and she hangs up when I try to call. I did hear her voice though I'm sure she never listened to see who was on the phone, so I know she made it through the surgery, physically at least. I can't begin to imagine the horror she's expected to face. She tried so hard to keep this from happening. She's been in the hospital for close to a year. Finally they told her that death was coming soon if they didn't amputate. No, I can't imagine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vermin the cat said...

First of all, my heart and thoughts are with Mel--thats a rough thing to adjust to.

Secondly, the kitten is adorable! We have a Russian Blue that was about that size when we got her, and now she's a fat, sassy, and evil (but I adore her) 5 year old named Vermin.

Bellydancing? Awesome! I used to do that when I was a kid, and just bought some tapes so I can get back into it again. Its grand fun, fabulous exercize, and out and out sexy.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute little fella. I hope he is doing OK! Bless his heart, he's all fuzz!!!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter