Thursday, May 19, 2005

Mel

The first time I ever saw her, she took my breath away. It was Christmastime, and my store was participating in the downtown open house. She walked in wearing an elegant long black coat, with a small black dog on a rhinestone leash. She's about my age, with natural red hair, a lithe figure and beautiful eyes. I am terminally shy, so I was thrilled when she spoke to me. We clicked immediately and became dear friends. She is one of those people who has all kinds of esoteric knowledge about anything you might ask her about. She's an expert gardener and theatrical designer. She spent several years in Malaysia and has a million stories about her life there with her ex-husband and his family. I introduced her later to one of my oldest and dearest friends and they've been married for over a year now. She is an expert Salsa dancer, and used to dance sometimes while stomping grapes in wine vats. She is a diabetic, and on Thursday they cut off both her legs.

I can't stand this.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsharEdith said...

Oh! That's sad... =0(
Don't understand how this things happen! Now I'm sad... I'll have her in my thoughts.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it's hard living sometimes, we get caught up in our own little dramas and pity parties that we forget at times, just how very fortunate we really are. As a nurse I have seen individuals that have everything but it doesn't mean anything because the don't have the most important thing of all, their health. That is part of the reason that I started Nutrisystem, because I realize that I can't take my health for granted and if I continue to neglect my body (like I have for the last 10 years) I will eventually suffer for it. Your entry reminds me how fortunate I am and how important it is to enjoy my health.
www.luvsexytrstno1.com

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter