Monday, May 16, 2005

Wow! Is it Monday already?

I've spent the last several days in a drug-induced stupor, which wasn't nearly as fun as it sounds when you factor in the pain, the itching, the mind-numbing boredom of lying flat on your back, and the frustration on not being able to DO ANYTHING. I couldn't even read because my mind couldn't focus well enough. So far today, no pain pills. We'll see how that goes. I still can't bend over, which means no laundry, no changing the dog's puppy pad (OMG I can't wait til Mike wakes up and takes care of that one this morning), no picking up after said dog (she loves to find bits of paper towel and rip it into tiny bits).

I did watch a few movies; The Life Aquatic with Bill Murray, the only really awesome part being Seu Jorge's incredible Brazilian jazz guitar renderings of various David Bowie songs. I am going to have to have the soundtrack just for those. And it was visually stunning. But not very funny after all. We saw Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which was no more than mildly entertaining, and Melvin Goes to Dinner, a really very powerful snapshot of life that I will probably have to watch again.

Some of those reviews may be slanted by the Lorcet/Xanax/Neurontin woven haze through which I viewed them.

I saw some amateurish attempts at drama on the NS board last night and all I gotta say is those people got a long way to go to match some of the spectacles I've seen played out on that board. Weak. Very weak. But I suppose that's a good thing. No good can come from any of it, really, beyond its pure entertainment value. Again, my review may be skewed by my state of mind.

I'm off to see whether Mike has reached consciousness and whether it will be worth my while to lie on my back in the bed some more, or if I should hook up the laptop and prop myself up on the couch.

1 Comments:

Blogger AsharEdith said...

SO good to know you're OK!!! I have you in my mind... Praying for you! God Bless You!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter