Friday, May 06, 2005

I'm actually on this program!!

I've been a backslider for so long that I forgot how great it felt to actually be on this program! I'm not hungry! I'm not dying for a Cheeto! I've been back on it since Monday and I just can't believe I've wasted so much time. Of course, I had a blast with my Buffaloe Chicken Fingers and my Number Nine Mexican Dinner but right now the thought of either one kind of turns my stomach.

I'm having some issues with my incision from the biopsy and I hope it isn't infected. I was running a fever this morning, and that was kind of scary. I'm headed for my pre-op so they can take a look at it and make sure I'll be ready for surgery on Wednesday.

I just pray my doctor doesn't tell me I can't do NS. I have some folks on my case making me promise to ask him about it. I think it's a balanced, healthy diet with enough calories and nutrients to keep in fine shape through the radiation. And he hasn't mentioned anything about nutrition. I really don't even want to ask him about it but I guess I should. If I have to postpone it for another few months, so be it. I've postponed it for a year already. :::sigh::: And I still have another month to go before radiation starts, so at least I can shed a few pounds before then. They say it takes away your appetite. I would think the NS program would be ideal because I will have to eat everything on the plan and I'll be making sure I get a good balanced diet. The thing is, most doctors have never heard of NS. Maybe I should bring him the Nourish book, ask him to read it and THEN decide. LOL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anna! I wish you the best with your coming surgery. even if you can't stay on NS during your treatments, you can choose healthier things and still lose. We'll all help you stick to it till you can get back on it again. I just love your attitude! i really do!

1:37 PM  
Blogger AsharEdith said...

Hi Anna!
I know your doctor will let you continue on NS... Maybe you can get him a NutriMeal as well so he can read the label... and try it. LOL

I admire you more every day... You are So strong and positive.

Keep going girl! You can beat this!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter