Friday, July 01, 2005

Home!!!!!!!!!!

We got in about an hour ago. I finished my treatments in Birmingham this morning and had the balloon removed (OUCH!). Then we finished checking out the art museum and headed back. I got lots and lots of pets and purrs from Freia, downloaded all my pics and now I can go get in my own bed, and sleep on my right side!!! I was so sick of having all those tubes hanging out of my side, not to mention the big balloon in my boob that I had to be careful not to pop! Now all I have is a hole in the side of my breast that has to heal before I can get back in the pool.

I am terrified to get on the scale. I had already gained 20 pounds...and I ate like a horse the whole time we were gone. There was an awesome Indian restaurant right around the corner, plus we found great sandwich shops, P.F. Chang, etc., and I ate what I wanted. In fact, I don't think I will get on the scale. Not until I feel like I've lost some weight.

I'll have to go back to B-ham in a few weeks for some follow-up visits, and then get a mammogram in two months, and every couple of months thereafter. The really good news right now is ~~~ I can finally take a shower!!! I've had to do sponge baths since the surgery, and haven't been able to wash my hair except for twice when I had it done at a beauty shop.

I'm off to crawl into my OWN BED. Good night!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

Hey there! I didn't realize you had a blog until I saw your response to Amanda's! :) I'll have to add you to my 'list'.

I posted a response to your post on NSBB - so I won't repeat myself - except to say that I have been thinking and praying for you - and am SO glad you're home, safe and cancer-free.

God Bless!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter