Thursday, July 21, 2005

Oh. OK, well, that sucked...

So I spent most of the day agonizing over whether, if my photographs came in from Snapfish, I would get the nerve up to share them with the arts group I've been hanging with at the weekly meeting tonight.

They came in! My heart was in my throat, right? I got them all ready and made myself leave the house with them. Terrified. I am definitely not a photographer. I mean, I never even owned; hell, I never even touched a camera until a couple of years ago and that was just for eBay and pics of grandkids. I'm just obsessed with taking pictures right now for some reason. And I've always been a firm believer in art, and how when it grabs you by the throat you have to pay attention and take it seriously.

But I don't know diddly squat about photography. So I'm walking in to that hotel conference room, more heart-stoppingly afraid than I think I have ever been of anything, bar none, and I have done some pretty embarrassing things in public on purpose, believe you me (do the words "giant talking poker-playing panda" mean anything to you? No? Well, they do to me) but this, THIS was completely uncharted territory for me. One would think that bag-lady-strips-to-belly-dancer Birthday-O-Grams would be out of any reasonable person's comfort zone, but no, for me, this was it. The big cahuna. Laying myself out on the line knowing that my offering sucks, but that I have to show it anyway.

How did it go?

Well, the meeting was cut short, and I never had the chance to show anybody a damn thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

awwwww!! damn it anyway!!! as i was reading this post i thought it was leading up to the great climax of "they loved them!" :-) can you post some on here for "muaw" to see? or email me!

rcjlohara@gmail.com

did i ever tell you that i have a BA in Graphic Design? plus for many years i was a portrait photographer. now i work in a law firm accounting dept doing data entry. LOLOL...talk about a step down! hehehe...but i still take pics for my own amusement. sometimes portraits of friends. cause i dont wanna forget how. and as for my art - i've taken up scrapbooking so that kind of works both my photography and design skills together. :-)

jan

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! What a let down..after such a build up of tension and emotion...Did you feel better or worse after that?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Kind of pissed off, I guess, frustrated but relieved too. I mean, I know nothing about photography and even if they were polite and said nice things, I know they can't be good. LOL
So it was probably for the best.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter