Sunday, July 17, 2005

How can I go through an entire weekend and do nothing?

It seems like everything takes forever these days. I know I spend too much time on the internet but I feel like I really limited myself to just the emails I needed to answer, and just a couple of BB posts. I managed to do the laundry, and clean the kitchen and bath. But the house is still a wreck. I didn't have time to study my new Dreamweaver software. I didn't have time to read Harry Potter. I didn't have time to play my violin, though I did strum the guitar a bit. What the heck was I doing all weekend? It's a mystery. It's like a day just doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. Maybe I should take up smoking pot ~ that should stretch out the days. I could take a month's vacation and still not feel like I have enough time to catch up with the things I want to do around the house.

And I can't even THINK about the basement, which is still full of stuff left over from my business, mostly supplies and stuff I can't bring myself to throw away because it's perfectly good stuff. What I need is to have a yard sale, but my husband would rather die than have strangers roaming around our yard. And most of it is just not good enough to go to the trouble of selling it on eBay. I should just throw it away and make some space. Space would be great. I could have a recording studio down there and make music. BUT IF I DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ HARRY POTTER WHEN WOULD I HAVE TIME TO MAKE MUSIC?

Boy I sure am on a roll with the whining tonight, eh? Here's a sort of epiphany I had today about all this. It doesn't matter if I get it all done. The idea is to get the most out of every moment, regardless of what I'm doing. The idea is to live wide, not long.

I'm still dying to read the Half Blood Prince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter