Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What's with all the bumblebees??

For the last few days, my yard has been swarming with bumblebees. Great big ones. Flying just above the ground. Did they come in with the hurricane? What the hell are they doing out there? There are no flowers. Nothing traditionally attractive to bumblebees, as far as I know.

Weird.

Not much else going on with me. I'm still eating too much, still can't exercise. Looking forward to getting back on NS starting Friday when I'm joining (and organizing) a weight loss challenge at work. I sure don't want to lose a lot of water weight before then. It's a little frustrating though. We decided to incorporate exercise into the challenge this time (we've had two challenges before). So now, each pound lost will count one point, and every 5 hours of exercise will count one point. The weight is no problem to keep up with; I have a scale in my office and I will weigh everyone. The exercise is on the honor system, and I am hearing much whining that people will lie. My thoughts are that if they lie, that's their problem. What goes around comes around. But since money is involved I just have a really bad feeling about this. Everyone is kicking in $15 and the winner takes all.

I will see the doctor again on Wednesday (this involves driving all damn day which doesn't thrill me) and I really hope he will release me to exercise. I'm starting Ki Gong again on Tuesday regardless. My instructor has promised to be gentle.

I want my body back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Hate bees...freak me out. On my wedding day I guess there was a swarm of yellow jackets that landed on some tulle just as i was starting down the stairs...mom thought i'd see them, throw the flowers and run like mad! LOL...probably would have too! but right as i started down the last few steps, they took off. I had no idea until she told me that nite. We've had a few big black bumblebees ourselves hanging out at the flowers around the house. take a close up pic of one for me? hehehe...i dont have the guts.

Office challenge...good luck with that! hopefully people wont lie...but i had a friend that i never saw much and she kept telling me how much weight she had lost and was doing all this treadmill walking, etc. we would meet up every now and again...and she always looks the same. wearing the same clothes. It does no good to lie to yourself. I dont hang with her anymore cause people who constantly lie to me have no place in my life.

Good luck on your dr. visit and getting to exercise again! :-)

hugs!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter