Thursday, July 07, 2005

I sold myself for a dollar...

I feel renewed, and challenged. A dear young friend of mine had read an email that I wrote recently while I was feeling depressed, and purposeless. He then travelled over 200 miles with his new bride on Monday just to tell me how much I had influenced his life and to give me encouragement and purpose. I can't tell you what that meant to me; and the silver dollar that he gave me, with which he said he was buying me to the service of The Lady, will stay with me always. There are few true Knights walking around today, and he is one.

He also showed me the movie he and his friends just finished, and I am still reeling from the talent and fresh perspectives in it.

When I was 15, I played opposite his father in the Miracle Worker at Ivy Green. I remember him and his brother as babies, playing in the grass waiting for us to finish rehearsals. Doesn't life play some strange cards? I haven't seen the father since I was 15, but the son has become a huge player in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Beautiful....

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter