Friday, April 22, 2005

I can't look...

I took off the plastic dressing from the biopsy site today and it was really difficult. In fact, I lost it pretty bad. I guess I expected a tiny little suture and what I've got is a freakin' gash all the way across my right breast.

The coconut pie I just ate did not help at all.

A breast should be smooth, perfect, a symbol of primal nourishment and beginnings. This is really hard to accept. I feel better now that I'm dressed and I don't have to look at it. But every time I did see it I broke down. I'll get past this, but I guess I'm in mourning for my boob. I feel like such a fool. I'm so lucky. I'm alive, I probably don't have breast cancer and even if I do, it's not very advanced. I have a husband who loves me, a great job, good friends, and I'm devastated by a little cut on my chest. Ridiculous.


I have an appointment with my family doctor in a few minutes, just to renew my acid reflux prescription. Why they can't do this over the phone is beyond me. No, it isn't. They want the office visit fee. Doctors don't give a rat's ass about their patients' lives and how they are disrupted by having to spend an afternoon in their waiting room just to get a prescription. .

At least it gets some makeup on my face and me out of the house. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter