Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Nutrisystem History

The story thus far...

I've always been a meaty wench; but the meat turned to ham hocks and that turned to lard as the scale peaked at 305. At that time in my life, there was no focus on taking care of myself. I was working full time and owned my own retail store on the side. My mother became ill and I closed my shop and became her caregiver. After she passed over in June of 2003 I suddenly had time to step back and look in the mirror. I was horrified at what I saw. I didn't even recognize the big round face I saw in the mirror. I couldn't navigate the few steps in front of our house without clinging to the wall for support. I couldn't go to the movies because I didn't fit in the seats. I was a physical wreck.

In August of that year, I discovered Nutrisystem and my life changed forever. I lost 70 pounds (9 of which I have gained back during my recent shameful period of gluttony, soon to be history). I fell in love with exercise. I do deep water cardio three mornings a week, FitLinxx strength training 2 mornings a week; and Ki Gong classes two mornings a week. I have joined a bellydance troupe and am taking African dance classes on the weekends. I practice yoga in an intermediate class two nights a week and several times a week on my own.

Starting around Halloween of last year, I started pigging out way too often. Before long I was completely out of control. In January, I started losing again, slowly, not really following NS, just using the food some of the time and still pigging out too much. I managed to lose 13 of the 22 pounds I had gained. Now I am internalizing the fact that I absolutely must remain focused on nourishing my body with healthy foods on a daily basis for the rest of my life. For right now, it's going to be 100% NS food. After I reach my goal of 170, I intend to continue losing weight, learning to use my own foods. If I go back over 170, it will be back to the NS foods.

This is me, and the love of my life:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going back and reading your earlier posts... you're beautiful.

Cancer, illness, is difficult. It forces one to live in the body in the body in ways that we don't normally. We spend most of our lives denying that body... I'm glad you're loving yours.

-Mary

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter