Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hurtful comments.

I posted what I thought was a lighthearted jab at myself for being so musically obsessed, with a link asking for anyone who enjoys my work here on this blog to buy me some music. Kind of like "listener-supported" radio. I thought it was funny. I also thought my writing and photography might actually be worth something. Guess one person thought not. This is what someone said to me today:

" don't know if this is some kind of joke or if you really are a clueless, selfish, manipulative person. My opinion of you has radically changed. ..."

And then it got much worse, and I'm not going to repeat any more of it because it is too painful. It was an Anonymous, unsigned post.

Well, Anonymous, there's a hell of a lot you "don't know". What you said was hurtful and not true, but just in case anyone else out there had the same opinion of that post, I have removed it. I have spent this afternoon crying uncontrollably at work for the first time in my life.

Which brings up an interesting point. Is my psyche this delicate? That the comments of one person can send me into a crying jag? Or maybe that some of those insults rang true? Manipulative? No. I won't accept that one. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. But clueless? Yes. For most of my life it seems I have been standing on the sidelines of life, not really knowing the rules or really having any desire to play the game. And selfish? My dearest friends have always told me that I give too much.

What that person did to me today was just mean-spirited and wrong. I have my theory on who it might have been, but I'll never know the truth of that because of her cowardice. But it did force me to examine some things about myself. I came very close to deleting this entire blog today, because I just wanted to retreat into myself, again. I've worked too hard to do that though.

I'll keep up my blog, for myself and for my actual friends, at least until I get my web site up and running. I won't be anywhere near the Nutrisystem Bulletin Board.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To whom ever that person is, they must not know anything about you.

Anna since ive met you, you've been everything but selfish. Ive seen you give to the point where ur not in want but need. Girl u created Retro and kept it going for so long just so people had some place to hang out. Your pictures and music are both funny and full of love. Ive enjoyed looking at everyone of them. You know i love your music but who wouldn't.
As for having children, true maybe your dna never got replicated however your soul and knowlege and kindless has been spread to many youths. I cant remember one person who knew or knows you that ive ever talked to who didn't have something wonderful to say about you or a great memory of you.
I remember people coming into the store and lighting up when they saw you, and the look of disapointment when you wern't around.
To anyone who thinks you could be any less than a wonderful careing and giving person is a fool and i feel nothing but sorrow for them.

Never let your blog die cause of someone else's comment's. I allowed my life journal to die cause of something simular and regret it. I know it can hurt but take it for the grain it is, hit the delete key and move on.

Much love
Kit

3:42 PM  
Blogger Serp. said...

Oh, Anna, I'm so sorry some ass made you feel sad. There are those of us that love you.

I came to your blog tonight in the hopes of being uplifted. I’ve been off kilter, which has resulted in crying episodes. Today in my doctor's office I was asked how I was feeling. I said, "Okay. No, that's not true,” and then I began to cry (can we say, dork). (Laughs)

I’m not depressed. I’m just overly feeling life. Imagine my surprise to find you're going through something similar.

And by the way, I ask strangers for gifts all the time. I think their reactions are funny. It’s a candid camera kind of joke. The camera is my mind’s eye sense of humor.

You are loved.

Donna

P.S. The wise chicken is my new blog.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna I'm so sorry that you're going through shit right now. People at work have been treating me crummy lately too and I've retreated to the handicap stall I can't tell you how many times to regain my composure or to simply "get it out of my system". There must be something in the air right now that's making us "sensitives" overly sensitive and the bitches overly bitchy. Not meaning to say we're big softies or anything but I think there are people that are more "touched" than others and we happen to be of that breed.

~ Amanda Harrell

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually told James just yesterday in a text message "I have just come to the realisation that if something were to happen to me, nobody at work would even bat an eye. I have no friends here anymore which is quite depressing." His response was, "What about Anna?"

9:45 PM  
Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said...

Oh Anna!!! I'm sooo sorry this happened to you! I just do not understand people at all anymore. This is just one more reason that I rarely go to the NSBB anymore. I'm just sick of people there coming to the blogs and leaving shit like that on my friends blogs. I never saw your original post and just came to visit you today. Haven't been here in awhile and I do apologize for not visiting you more often. I go to one or two blogs and then I've just been getting bored with the whole internet thing lately and I log offline. LOL...

Again, I'm so sorry that some annonymous asshole hurt your feelings. They obviously don't know you the way the rest of us do. Big hugs to you, my dear friend!

Jan

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one always enjoy your posts, writings and humor. Just my opinion, but pay no attention to the annonomous folks out there.

Hugs,
Tina - Calif

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Anna! I came looking for you because it's been a while since I've been on the NSBB and I thought "where is Voluptua??"

I know I've told you this before, but I remember your kindness as the first person to welcome me when I joined the NSBB. That left such a warm impression on me and I've never forgotten it.

Screw the assholes, no, wait, they might enjoy that. Hmmmmmm....

Well, just remember, we love you!

Liz

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter